Easter 2024 start
Suitable for ECTs
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Teacher of Computer Science to join a forward-looking 11–19 school. The Sweyne Park School is the lead school within the Rayleigh Schools Trust and works with a local primary school, providing a 3–19 educational experience for the local community. The successful applicant will have excellent subject knowledge, the ability to inspire students, and a desire to develop as a teacher.
Teachers in the Computer Science department work together, sharing resources and developing excellent practice. Within the subject area, a range of academic and vocational courses are delivered and outcomes at Key Stage 4 & 5 are consistently strong. This role also offers the opportunity to work in a school with enthusiastic, supportive and committed colleagues.
The Sweyne Park School:
• opened a Sixth Form in September 2014;
• is an oversubscribed school;
• is highly committed to staff welfare and development;
• has strong, ethical leadership and fair recruitment and retention practices;
• was one of the first secondary schools in the county to gain UNICEF ‘Rights Respecting Gold’ status in 2019, and was re-accredited in 2022;
• is equipped with good facilities and resources.
The Computer Science department is a supportive, committed and successful team, where learners enjoy their lessons and experience an engaging curriculum.
The school is committed to continual curriculum improvement and the professional development of its staff. Sweyne Park will provide opportunities and new challenges for those who wish to progress their career. We offer outstanding provision for ECTs over their two years Induction period and beyond.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and uphold the values of the profession.
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status.
• Uphold all of the Teachers’ Standards.
• Demonstrate a passion for specialist subject area; have a deep understanding and wealth of knowledge
relating to it.
• Have enthusiasm for learning and education and show the ability to inspire this in others.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional learning and development.
• Show resilience and a willingness to adapt and respond to feedback.
• Be open, flexible and sensitive to the needs and aspirations of other people.
• Actively involve parents/carers and the community as fully as possible in the life of the school.
If you are a dedicated practitioner who is passionate about learning, we would look forward to receiving your application.
We would be very happy to answer any questions you may have, and provide the opportunity for you to have a discussion with the Head of Department or a member of the leadership team. We welcome visitors to the school in person in advance of the application deadline. To arrange this, please contact Kerry Wilby at email@example.com. To obtain further information please visit our website www.sweynepark.com.
All candidates must complete an application, which should be returned to Mrs Katharine Dines, Headteacher, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click on the link below to access the Form.
The Sweyne Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We reserve the right to close applications early in the event that a suitable candidate is identified.