We are looking to appoint a Parent Governor to our Local Governing Body (LGB). The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Human Resources
The role of the LGB is a valuable one in providing local governance as well as offering assistance to the Trustees of the Rayleigh Schools Trust in the fulfillment of their duties. The Sweyne Park LGB is a very effective and committed body, and plays a crucial role in the governance and operational decision making of our school.
As a Parent Local Governor, you will be asked to help monitor the school’s key performance indicators and provide support and challenge where appropriate. You will also play a part in representing the views of the members of the school’s community.
A Parent Governor will get involved in:
• Setting suitable aims and objectives;
• Agreeing policies, targets and priorities
• Holding the Headteacher to account
• Monitoring and reviewing aims and objectives and whether the policies, targets and priorities are being achieved in order to hold the school to account;
• Monitoring the school’s finances;
• Ensuring the school is a welcoming and safe place and provides a positive learning environment;
• Supporting school events (e.g. attending concerts, Awards’ Evening)
If you are interested in applying for the position of Parent Local Governor, and would like to know more, please contact Kerry Wilby at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01268 784721 to obtain an application form. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview with members of the Local Governing Body.